Bonang Matheba, Africa’s favorite media darling
Bonang Matheba is South Africa’s most popular T.V presenter, host, and radio personality, producer, businesswoman, model, and philanthropist, Global Citizen Ambassador, Influencer and style icon.
In short, Bonang inspires everyone in Africa.
Queen B is owner to many businesses, including her production house ‘Bonang Matheba Entertainment’.
In Bonang’s bag of successes
Miss Matheba launched an app “BMoji”, released a best-selling book, and bagged several endorsement deals.
Bonang’s own luxury beverage line (from HOUSE OF BNG) includes Brut and Brut Rose Methode Cap Classique’s (MCC’s), retailing for R399 at Woolworths.
These sold out in Woolworths, online and in store, within the first week and, both became the number one selling MCC.
Also from the House of BNG is the ‘BNG Nectar’. A first in the South African luxury beverage market, she is selling true sparkling wine in a can.
But not just any old can.
The four slim-line cans, are packaged in an aesthetic, “clutch bag” shape with “gold rope handle”, making it the no. 1 trendy accessory and item to take with to that picnic.
Bonang has her own lingerie “Distraction By Bonang” and T-shirt “BONANG by Bonang Matheba” lines, selling with Woolworths and Superbalist. She also has a clothing line, “Just B” with Legit and a handbag collection “Baby Star”, which she started with a London-based designer.
Your Girl B is a winner, Boss Lady and owner of many firsts:
- First South African celebrity to launch an online reality show “B*Dazzled”.
- First ambassador of Revlon South Africa
- Forbes Women Africa: TOP 50 Power List.
- The show, “A Very Bonang Year” smashed the record of the number of individuals tuning in to a SABC show.
- Best Inspiration & Influence – Global Social Awards
- Favourite Personality of the Year – DSTV Mzansi Viewers Choice Awards
- Coolest Online Influencer – Sunday Times Generation Next Awards
- Celebrity Icon – Glamour’s Most Glamourous: Celebrity Icon Award
- African Influencer of the Year – E! People’s Choice Awards.
- Africa Ultimate Pop Culture Icon Award – E! People’s Choice Awards.
- Celebrity Influencer Winner – Cosmo Magazine
Bonang on TV
Manhattan Fantasy Challenge, Live AMP, Afternoon Express, Clash of the Choirs SA, TOP Billing, and Presenter Search on 3. InterSEXions, Tropika Island of Treasure 3, 10 Over 10, Glambition, Miss South Africa and BBC World News, and 10 more.
Co-producer of: “Public Figure” – starring as herself;
Executive producer of: “Shaka Ilembe” – playing the role of Queen Nandi.
From A to B
In 2017, Bonang Matheba released her best-selling book, From A to B. This autobiography is about her courageous journey to stardom.
In partnership with the ONE Campaign, she fights extreme poverty, while also leading the #GirlsCount campaign.
“I believe that when you educate a girl child, you actually educate a community and you educate a family. As girls tend to become the head of the household, these young ladies pay their education forward; and an education is something that nobody can take away from you. It has a generational advantage and value.”
Creator of the Bonang Matheba Bursary Fund, she aims to provide tertiary education to 300 girls by the year 2025.
Even though Bonang now calls New York home, South Africa will always see her as one of ours. We are proud fans and rake inspiration from this star.
Full Database of Government Jobs
REMEMBER TO GET YOUR Z83 FORM HERE