The Online Sassa Grant Application portal allows the public to apply for child support, older persons and foster child grants online.
This week the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) brought a welcome solution to the public. Instead of standing in long lines and sometimes queuing for hours, the Sassa Grant Application Online portal allows the public to apply for:
• Sassa foster child grant,
• Sassa older persons grant and
• Sassa child support grant;
• Sassa Grant Application Online submission of the required supporting, and certified, documentation linked to the application;
• Change of applicant details and circumstances such as address, payment method, banking details; and
• Status of the Sassa grant application.
The news is received with relief as grant applicators are often vulnerable individuals for whom the queuing can be a serious struggle and even health challenge.
Another advantage and incentive for the Sassa Grant Application option Online is of course minimizing the risk of contracting Covid-19 in South Africa.
For the Online Sassa Grant Application, you will need:
- a mobile phone or computer,
- an email address to sign up and to enable applicants to log in for further services.
- the stipulated documents.
- Be prepared for your social grants application:
- Visit https://services.sassa.gov.za to sign up, make a note of all documents you will need. These could include identity documents of applicant and spouse, banking details and application forms
- get all these required documents certified by a commissioner of oaths.
When all documents are supplied as requested by Sassa, the turnaround time is 10 days. IMPORTANT: all documents have to be certified by a commissioner of oaths.
Once an application is completed, a receipt will be generated and grant application feedback will be sent to the Sassa grant applicant via SMS or e-mail.
The testing period for this new Sassa Grant Application option kicks off on 25 September 2020.