Phase IV of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI)
The Basic Education Sector’s Phase IV of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative, implemented as the Basic Education Employment Initiative (PYEI-BEEI) started on 1 February 2023.
Contact details of national and provincial offices of the Department of Basic Education: https://topjobseeker.com/department-of-basic-education/
The implementation of Phase I – III was a success. Over 850 000 jobs were created for South African youth, and the aim for Phase IV is job opportunities for 255 000 youth across South Africa.
This next phase will run respectively in two groups of 150 000 and 105 000 youth.
The first cohort (1 February 2023) saw the start of the 150 000 group, whereas the second group of 105 000 will kick off on on 1 May 2023.
KwaZulu-Natal will appoint a single group, starting on March 2023, and Western Cape started appointing for its single cohort on 1 February 2023.
Phase Target: 40 100
Cohort 1: 8 642
Cohort 2: 31 458
Phase Target: 15 500
Cohort 1: 6 200
Cohort 2: 9 300
Phase Target: 40 000
Cohort 1: 24 600
Cohort 2: 15 400
Phase Target: 58 500
Cohort 1: 58 500
Cohort 2: 0
Phase Target: 35 000
Cohort 1: 17 500
Cohort 2: 17 500
Phase Target: 22 000
Cohort 1: 7 200
Cohort 2: 14 800
Phase Target: 7 000
Cohort 1: 3 500
Cohort 2: 3 500
Phase Target: 16 000
Cohort 1: 4 000
Cohort 2: 12 000
Phase Target: 21 000
Cohort 1: 21 000
Cohort 2: 0
All Provinces Total Phase Target: 255 100
Cohort 1: 151 142
Cohort 2: 103 958
Since every South African community has a public school, job opportunities can be created for the most vulnerable youth. Enabling these young people to stay in their communities, since priority must be given to youth living near the school.
Hiring focus will also be on youth living with disabilities, and girls/females.
The goal of the PYEI Phase IV is to give the youth soft and hard skills, plus work experiences, which are required in the workplace. The youth will gain different exit pathways in the process.
The Department and Provincial Education Departments will link arms with different partners to help achieve this, such as NEMISA, University of Johannesburg, Digify Africa, MTN and Anglo American.
‘’The Department welcomes all the youth to the PYEI-BEEI and encourages them to take full advantage of the opportunities that they will get throughout their contract period’’ said National Project Manager, ‘’these job opportunities can catapult them into even greater things and allow them to develop as professionals’’ Lala Maje
The Department of Basic Education will continue to monitor the impact of the PYEI- BEEI on the sector.
To find full job details, including the contact details, application address, sms applicants, etc.
- Type or Copy/ Paste in the keyword bar: The Department of Basic Education
- Select Government from the Category
- Hit SEARCH!
We encourage our jobseekers that want to work for The Department of Basic Education, to gather information, prepare and apply for these fantastic opportunities as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Daily Government vacancies and Municipality jobs Update 29 November 2023 Available Now
- Daily Dis-Chem, AVI Limited vacancies and TWK Agri, ESKOM jobs Update 28 November 2023 Available Now
- Daily Government vacancies and Dis-Chem jobs Update 27 November 2023 Available Now
- Daily AVI Limited vacancies and Dis-Chem jobs Update 24 November 2023 Available Now
- Daily Government vacancies and Municipality jobs Update 23 November 2023 Available Now
- Daily TWK Agri vacancies and Toys R Us And Babies R Us jobs Update 22 November 2023 Available Now
- Daily Dis-Chem vacancies and Dis-Chem jobs Update 21 November 2023 Available Now
- Daily Dis-Chem vacancies and Dis-Chem jobs Update 20 November 2023 Available Now
- Daily Dis-Chem vacancies and TWK Agri jobs Update 17 November 2023 Available Now
- Daily Government vacancies and Municipality jobs Update 16 November 2023 Available Now