The 4-day workweek pilot in SA has kicked off
In South Africa’s first trial of the four-day workweek, 500 South African business owners and employees will reportedly take part in the four-day workweek pilot, and it starts on 1 March 2023.
According to the director of 4 Day Week SA, Karen Lowe, the aim is on improving productivity, and talent attraction, retention in the workplace and a strong focus on employee well-being.
In summary, employees will be expected to deliver 100% of output, and in return get full pay for 80% of work time.
“Pilot participants are embracing the idea that it’s time to change the nearly 100-year-old convention of a five-day week.”
“Reduced work hours are a central tenet to the future of work, and there is potentially so much to be gained and nothing to lose from the experiment,” said Lowe, as published by BusinessTech
In countries that have already taken part in 4-day work-week trials, the outcomes were favorable. The companies that participated rated the trial nine out of ten and none of the companies returned to a five-day week afterwards.
During the trial period, the results showed:
Typically, revenue increased across all companies by over 8%. When compared to the same period in 2021, revenue increased by 38%;
On average, life satisfaction increased by 57.5% due to the following:
Employee fatigue dropped by 10%;
Employee stress dropped by 32%;
A nearly 50% improvement of Employee relationships with colleagues and family, while a 60% increase of work and family life balance was reported.
Employee health challenges dropped by 38%;
Employee physical activities increased with nearly half an hour per week;
The second 4-day workweek pilot in SA, kicks off in May 2023. Companies and organizations are invited to sign up.
We have created a WhatsApp group for our jobseekers, because the DATA challenge is real, and load-shedding is not helping.
You are all welcome. Start receiving new job notifications via WhatsApp and never miss out.
To join, click on the link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/ECFM6uINsSc9sNPL0WnpJG
Feel free to share this with your contacts that need a job.
At TOPJOBSEEKER.COM it is our sole purpose to find and share available jobs and opportunities with our jobseekers.
We encourage our jobseekers to gather information, prepare and apply for this fantastic opportunities as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Faith-Based Employment in South Africa
- Ikigai and Career Choices – Find Your Career Purpose through your “Ikigai”
- This is how South Africans earn money by recycling!
- 50 No Experience Jobs that pay the most!
- Volunteering in South Africa for Food and Shelter
- The PROGRESS Party promise a job opportunity for EVERY South African
- Startups in South Africa : 10 Steps to Finding Niche Ideas
- South African help for job placement and training
- Beyond Traditional Resumes: Exploring Innovative Ways to Showcase Your Skills
- Work-Life Balance Redefined: Unconventional Work Schedules for Enhanced Productivity