50 x AFGRI Apprenticeship Opportunities
AFGRI Equipment presents 50 x AFGRI apprenticeship opportunities to qualifying candidates that are technically-skilled enough to become artisan.
The AFGRI Apprenticeship Programme will let successful apprentices be mentored under the the highly experienced and committed Artisans.
Minimum Requirements to Apply for the AFGRI apprenticeship
N2 qualification with the following subjects:
- Engineering Science;
- Diesel Trade Theory
Plus one of the following subjects:
- Industrial Electronics;
- Engineering / Technical Drawing;
- Motor Trade Theory;
- National Certificate Vocational (NCV) Level 4 with theory subjects for designed trade applied for (i.e., Tractor Mechanic and Technician)
Should the applicant not have the N2 qualification, the Matric Certificate will also be taken into consideration if the applicant has subjects such as:
- Mathematics (Not Literacy) (At least 40% / E-Symbol);
- Technical Mathematics (Not Literacy) (At least 40% / E-Symbol);
- Physical Science (At least 40% / E-Symbol);
- Technical Science (At least 40% / E-Symbol);
- Engineering Graphics and Design (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
Applicants of the 50 x AFGRI apprenticeship who do not have the above qualifications can undertake N2 requirement subjects through Further Education and Training sponsored by AFGRI as part of the programme.
The Apprentice’s training will include:
- Trained to be a Tractor Mechanic and Technician;
- Repair and maintenance of related equipment;
- Responsible for stock control;
- Customer service;
- General work in the workplace
Technical Knowledge Competencies
- Communication Skills;
- Admin Skills;
- Computer literacy
- A highly motivated individual;
- Attention to detail;
- Team player;
Duration of the 50 x Apprenticeship training will be on a full-time contract, running over a three (3) year period.
AFGRI Equipment Branches across South Africa
How to apply
Complete the screening and assessment questions to the best of your knowledge. You might need at least 30 minutes to complete the assessment.
Learners must avail themselves for an interview and assessment process as defined by the company.
Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Candidates with a disability must provide a medical certificate, which states the nature of their disability.
This apprenticeship does not guarantee permanent employment at AFGRI. Unemployed learners will receive a monthly stipend. Please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Applicants who have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for their interest. The filling of these positions will be aligned with AFGRI’s Employment Equity Policy.
Work Level: Student/Graduate
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
Duration: 3 Years
Type: 50 x Apprenticeship by AFGRI Equipment (contract)
Contact details of AFGRI:
12 Byls Bridge Boulevard, Highveld Ext 73, Centurion
+27 11 063 2347
More contact details